Welcome to my blog. I'm a former bodybuilder, coach and pro wrestler.

Please feel free to add comments or questions to any of my blog entries. It's always nice to have feedback.

Les

Sunday 10 October 2010

My Grandson's Now Training

My Grandson Aidan started training a short while ago and has written an entry for my blog:

I'd like to add my story about bodybuilding. Well my name is Aidan and I'm the grandson of Les. I moved school at the age of 15 and saw a lot of my grandparents during that time. Within like two months of starting my new school I made some new friends who were into rugby and weights. It used to interest me watching my friends train so I asked my grandad if he could advise me how to get started. I got some weights and he wrote out a routine for me. I followed the routine four days a week (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri) and had a rest on a Wednesday and the weekend. I stayed on that workout for about six weeks then changed it about. I carried on working out for about three months.

I then got a weight bench (bench press) with a bar and some weights, so I did a lot more work on my chest. I kept on adding weights and after a while built my own gym up in my basement at home. I first got one of my best friends to start training with me, but then stated training on my own with my friends coming over now and again to do a workout with me. I tried going to a new gym that was built up near to where I live. It was a poor gym with hardly any machines or weights.

I then went back to training in my own gym at home. My best exercise was bench press, my max on that was 95kg at the age of sixteen. My second best exercise was bar curls. I still enjoy the weight training and now that I have left school I am going to college and doing a sport and fitness course for one year. After that year is over, while I am there doing my gym instructor course, they will give me work experience at a gym. If I pass my qualifications I want to see myself in the future owning my own gym.

1 comment: